Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The NEXT BIG THING BLOG HOP


o                                                        The Next Big Thing:

What is the working title of your book?

o                                                        INCENSE & PEPPERMINTS
Where did the idea come from for the book?

o                                                        Looking through an old photo album, I came across a photo of a boy I wrote to in Vietnam when I was a teenager.  We’d lost touch, so I decided to try to find out what happened to him.  I learned he died in Vietnam just three months after arriving there, and was awarded the Medal of Honor.  That’s when I decided I wanted to write a book about the men who sacrificed their lives there, and the women who tried to save them.  
What genre does your book fall under?

o                                                        Women’s Fiction
Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

o                                                        Rachel McAdams and Bradley Cooper.
What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

o                                                        A young, naïve nurse loses her idealism during a year of combat nursing in Vietnam.
Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

o                                                        I’ll try to sell it traditionally, but if not, will self-publish.
How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

o                                                        I’m still working on it, and it’s been going on three years now. 
What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

o                                                        Not any fictional books that I can think of, but perhaps to some non-fiction books such as HOME BEFORE MORNING and AMERICAN DAUGHTER GOES TO WAR. 
Who or What inspired you to write this book?

o                                                        I think I answered this question with # 1.  His name was Danny Bruce, and he was a marine.
What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
It’s my hope, and my goal, to always capture my reader’s interest by writing a page-turner, and judging by the reviews for my previous books, that’s exactly what I do. 

Check out these author's blogs:


Chynna Laird

 
http://www.chynna-laird-author.com/

Kat Crouch

www.katherinedeacon.blogspot.com.

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

Another of your books I'd like to read; being partial to military boys myself as you know. If you need a beta reader, holler.

Thanks so much for agreeing to be 'tagged' for this blog hop, Carole.