Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Carole Bellacera's January 2012 Newsletter

Dear Friends & Fans:

Happy 2012!!!! Wow! Has this year just sped by or what? I hope all of you had a wonderful holiday season. We just got back from a fantastic trip to Charleston over Christmas, spending several fun days with our grandsons, Luke and Zealand. At 3 and almost 2, they were a delight to watch open their presents. Zealand, the two-year-old, was awake before Luke, and he walked out into the living room, over to his new tricycle, climbed on it and said, “Yeah, yeah, yeah!” So cute! Luke came out a little while later, and still half-asleep, looked at his new Spiderman bike and rubbed his eyes like he couldn’t believe it. But Luke’s favorite gift was his Play Mobile hospital; he spent hours at the kitchen table playing with it. I’ve never seen a kid so interested in doctors, ambulances and hospitals. (Could that be a sign of a future doctor in the family?)

My favorite gift—spending time with the family. Age and wisdom teaches you that that’s the ultimate gift, and if you have that, you don’t really need anything else. We were blessed with beautiful weather in Charleston, and spent Christmas Eve walking around the historic city. On the day after Christmas, we drove an hour southeast of Charleston to Edisto Beach and spent a couple of days there. I wanted to take the boys to the beach where you can find huge conch shells (that can only be taken from the state park by children) but it didn’t work out the way I planned. Still, the boys found some good shells anyway, even a perfect sand dollar which Luke promptly stepped on when I put it down on the sand to take a picture. It broke in three pieces. Easy come, easy go.

Good news to share! I entered my jeweled Christmas trees (inspired by my Aunt Jan’s talent) in the Washington Post Christmas Craft Contest, and they won third place. You can see the article at this link: http://www.washingtonpost.com/todays_paper?dt=2011-12-22&bk=TAX&pg=9

More good news—I’m reissuing my first novel, BORDER CROSSINGS, in print this month. Should be available any day now. I’ll let you know when I get the word.

Oh, and this month you can get a special price on the Kindle edition of TANGO’S EDGE for only .99 cents.

Be sure and stop by my website to enter this month’s contest for a free autographed copy of TANGO’S EDGE or BORDER CROSSINGS and free jewelry from Beautiful Evening Beads. www.CaroleBellacera.com

So, have you made any resolutions for the New Year? I’m not one to make a long list of resolutions. But I do have one. To live in the present. And I hope, by doing that, I can stop all my worrying which has gotten out of control lately. (Well, what do you expect? Just got a text message from my son who’s in Canada saying he’d just finished his first flight lesson in snow and 25 kts. winds. I don’t know what “kts” means, but it doesn’t sound good.) Oh, and an update about my depression issues. I bought one of those sunlight simulators, and have been trying it out. Unfortunately, it makes me light-headed…or that could be the sinus infection I’ve been battling for two weeks. Anyway, I’ll let you know if the light works. (And I did see a doctor who, of course, recommended drug therapy. Not a fan, but I’m thinking about giving it a try.)


With that, I’ll leave you with wishes for a great January!

Carole

No comments: